>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AutoDj Alternative  (Read 17576 times)
tribalhost
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +0/-0

« on: March 15, 2008, 06:30:44 AM »

Anyone know a good alternative to sc_trans_posix (autodj)
actual autodj use too much ram.

I was looking round internet about good alternatives with no luck.
ShoutFromTheBlast
Webcasting Guru

Rep: +6/-4

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »

Upgrade your ram, or update your whole computer...
tribalhost
Jr. Webcaster

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:42:45 AM »

I found an autodj alternative, offered by centova shoutcast panel, works pretty well, and doesnt use as much ram as sc_trans, also, looks like autodj is not using more than 1.0% cpu at a intel dual xeon with 2GB ram
kjkoning
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +5/-0

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:08:25 AM »

Last time I checked, Centova Cast was using Ices 0.4 from Icecast.org. The main site is http://www.icecast.org/ices.php.
It works very similar to sc_trans, but is a little more difficult to install (requires compiling 4-6 packages). It does have a couple nice features that sc_trans doesn't though.

KJ Koning

Owner - Shout Radio Services
Radio Stations:
   Acoustic Alternative - http://www.acousticalternative.com
   Ska Radio: 3rd Wave (Web Site Coming Soon)
centova-jim

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:32:13 AM »

We actually use the post-0.4 ices sources from CVS, which include a few features not present in 0.4 proper.  We've also thrown in one or two bug fixes for good measure, and built a set of RPM/DEB packages so that you don't have to compile from source -- it's a single-command installation, even easier than sc_trans.

Our modified version is released under the GNU GPL, of course (same as the original) so anyone's welcome to download it for free from:
http://www.centova.com/pages/icescc/

Regards,

Jim
Customer Relations
Centova Technologies Inc.
MixStream.net
Jr. Webcaster

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 01:01:22 AM »

Yeah Icecast is good, uses very little resources if you have re-encoding turned off.

cookiesunshinex

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »

We actually use the post-0.4 ices sources from CVS, which include a few features not present in 0.4 proper.  We've also thrown in one or two bug fixes for good measure, and built a set of RPM/DEB packages so that you don't have to compile from source -- it's a single-command installation, even easier than sc_trans.

Our modified version is released under the GNU GPL, of course (same as the original) so anyone's welcome to download it for free from:
http://www.centova.com/pages/icescc/

Regards,

Jim
Customer Relations
Centova Technologies Inc.

The demo looks awesome.  Exactly what I'm looking for and you've got an RPM for it.

Do you handle transcoding?

After a week at looking at different options for my fallback source and also asking many questions on my support forums about how best to handle transcoding including the icecast.org, centos.org, and cpanel.net forums (in other words, what's best to use streamtranscoderV3, vlc, or ffmpeg on the server) and not getting any answers, I'm ready to settle down with a simple solution even if it costs a little.

One feature that I see in KWDSoltions AutoDJ solution is the Traffic Scheduling and Billing section (look in their demo) which offers the ability to set up advertiser spots on rotation.  You can set spots and allow those spots to be played a certain amount of time, or specify a date range.
http://www.talkwebcasting.com/index.php?topic=1608.0

This would be a great addition to Centova
icyshout

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 02:27:25 AM »

If you use centovacast  you can pretty much run whichever program you want weather its ices or sc_trans or whatever.   The only thing is you might have to install it manually to get it to run because centovacast only ships with two choices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...