>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you find customers?  (Read 9907 times)
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

Rep: +28/-3

« on: May 16, 2008, 02:12:14 AM »

Where do you find customers?  I would assume for SHOUTcast you've got to find your customers over the internet, rather than with web design and things like that you can get people from your local community.

Do you use google adwords, or similar, advertise on forums and streaming related sites...any links to sites you've used?
TheHosted
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +2/-0

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »

We have gotten several off Myspace music accounts, although about 85% of all our new clients come from current clients and word of mouth advertising.

TheHosted LLC   |  SHOUTcastLive(New Website)   |  The-Pixel.com
Dan@EZPZ

Rep: +1/-0

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:05:48 PM »

Most is word of mouth or posting promos. We also get a good response from posting special deals to our existing shared hosting clients.

EZPZ Hosting - Affordable and Reliable ShoutCast Hosting from £1 per month
Radio_Girl
Jr. Webcaster

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »

Thomas, advertising in forums is one of the best ways. Make full use of your signature (if allowed) to link to your web site and in this way attract the kind of customers you are looking for. You have definetely a niche here, take full advantage of it!
Melody
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +0/-0

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:59:29 PM »

I have tried Adwords in the past but I don't use it anymore because Google sees it as "arbitrage". I use networking places and forums.
cjpopp

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:00:04 PM »

Anyone tried advertising on Facebook???

Thanks,
Chris J. Popp
9412 - The Rock Station
www.9412.com

9412 - The Rock Station
www.9412.com
The70sRevisited

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 08:00:40 AM »

try your local libraries, laundromats, just about anywhere someone has a bulletin board up where you are allowed to post services. I made a few simple business cards and posted them and my listeners went up from averaging 5 a day during work hours up to 17 during the same period - all in one week. Granted I could just have been lucky but sooo many people look at these boards.
EndryDJ

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 05:16:01 AM »

i have a local costumers and links partners
technical2008

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »

Unlike other industries this will fetch clients mostly by word of mouth, simple SEO may fetch good results, posting in forums like this will also fetch results.

Can release advertisements in many sites at cheap cost, banner exchange technique will also work out for this
don19

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »

I usually put the adv in google, and it will easy and save your time.

Because you pay for money, and someone work for you
myautodj

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:49 PM »

Word of mouth only goes so far on the internet, Google is the KING!!, and if done right, it's FREE!! - create seo friendly web pages, the more the better, keywords, keywords and more keywords!!
See.. http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=shoutcast+auto+dj

Monermajetomi

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 10:53:45 PM »

A long list of sources and ideas that will help show you how to generate more leads for your business so that you can find customers.
storm

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »

I am not running any SHOUTcast business currently but have had experience in marketing for online business.

Google Adwords, Facebook advertising are too costly for many new start-ups and the amount of money you spent on advertising with them are much greater than the sales you receive.

As a start, I think that advertising on forums of the same niche either via banners, threads, or signatures are often the best for new start-ups. When the business grow bigger, they can then try Google Adwords, FB advertising.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:01:55 PM by storm » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...