>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VPSLand Reveiw  (Read 5628 times)
DJLittaBox
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +2/-1

« on: July 23, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »

I use VPSLand to run my personal shoutcast servers on, it runs pretty well. I have three instances of it up, The only problem I have ever had is that I used all of my RAM, everything still worked (shoutcast and http server wise) but i couldn't RDP my server, so i simply did a restart. There sales team is pretty good, answered all the questions I have.
Any one else have any comments upon VPSLand (something bad i should know about, because i cant really find anything)
If you've used VPSLand in the past, let know if they treated you well, bad etc etc.

abcdan123
Me on 1Radio.org!
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +8/-0

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »

I use VPSLand to run my personal shoutcast servers on, it runs pretty well. I have three instances of it up, The only problem I have ever had is that I used all of my RAM, everything still worked (shoutcast and http server wise) but i couldn't RDP my server, so i simply did a restart. There sales team is pretty good, answered all the questions I have.
Any one else have any comments upon VPSLand (something bad i should know about, because i cant really find anything)
If you've used VPSLand in the past, let know if they treated you well, bad etc etc.

Not looked at that site in some time, seems like they got a great offering going. Whats there uptime like, and can you get a good amount of listeners tuned in... etc... and also you saying about there ram, you should check out "double your ram" offer.

kwdservices.com
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +2/-0

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »

I had about the worst experience with VPSland ever. It was very slow to remote desktop into, it was offline quite frequently, it caused my stream to buffer quite a bit, and their customer service was blaming it on my SHOUTcast host which I knew was untrue.

Karl
KWD Services, Inc.
http://www.KwdServices.com
Media and Technology Solutions
DJLittaBox
Jr. Webcaster

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:01:07 AM »

Im sorry you had a bad experience with them, and im sure that when i do get alot of listeners i will be changing, but for small time i do like and recommend them.

abcdan123
Me on 1Radio.org!
Webcasting Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »

I had about the worst experience with VPSland ever. It was very slow to remote desktop into, it was offline quite frequently, it caused my stream to buffer quite a bit, and their customer service was blaming it on my SHOUTcast host which I knew was untrue.

I been looking around on the net and basically, your posts doesn't suprise me now. Them deals where too good to be true aye!

DJLittaBox
Jr. Webcaster

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »

I guess the bad times are instore for me...

abcdan123
Me on 1Radio.org!
Webcasting Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »

I guess the bad times are instore for me...

Maybe but @least your aware of it now! So don't stress when things go wrong, just move on. There not all bad. Although "perfect" not a word in my small dictionary:)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:24:19 PM by abcdan123 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...