>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New feature, free with all Wavestreaming accounts...  (Read 5649 times)
Wavestreaming
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +3/-0

« on: July 26, 2008, 01:38:24 AM »

Hello,

If you are a UK broadcaster, you are required to report quarterly your TTSL (Total Time Spent Listening) to PPL (Phonographic Performance Limited) who provide one half of licensing required to broadcast copyrighted music here in the UK Smiley

Most stream hosts wont be able to provide you with this data, at best they will be able to give you a log file which you can then analyze (which if you're a busy station - can take ages!).

We have just introduced a new TTSL reporting tool on our famous Wavepanel control panel, which displays the hourly listener figure for each day. Its available as part of all Wavestreaming SHOUTcast streaming accounts.

You can find out more about our TTSL tool on our blog post;
http://blog.wavestreaming.com/ppl-reporting-uk-streaming-licensing-and-ttsl-total-time-spent-listening/

If you want to get hold of this for your radio station, you can order via our site;
http://www.wavestreaming.com/?i=shoutcast

Oh and by the way, we're still number 1 on the radiotoolbox.com hosts directory!

Wavestreaming
Webcasting Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:19:19 PM »

We have introduced yet another new feature to our SHOUTcast services. Due to popular demand, we are now offering geographic location listener maps free with all of our shoutcast accounts.

You can find our more on our blog;
http://blog.wavestreaming.com/shoutcast-geo-location-listener-maps/

abcdan123
Me on 1Radio.org!
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +8/-0

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 04:46:22 AM »

We have introduced yet another new feature to our SHOUTcast services. Due to popular demand, we are now offering geographic location listener maps free with all of our shoutcast accounts.

You can find our more on our blog;
http://blog.wavestreaming.com/shoutcast-geo-location-listener-maps/

How exact is the ping? Some pings can be almost door number exact. or does the system just ping to where to area box is?

kwdservices.com
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +2/-0

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »

How exact is the ping? Some pings can be almost door number exact.

I thought that was only possible if you worked directly with the cable company and had a legal reason to need the person's address?

Karl
KWD Services, Inc.
http://www.KwdServices.com
Media and Technology Solutions
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

Rep: +28/-3

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »

I thought that was only possible if you worked directly with the cable company and had a legal reason to need the person's address?

I assume it must do something to do with the nearest exchange for the broadband.  It would be interesting to know how accurate the service is.

As for getting an address you are no doubt correct.  You could get the address if the person owned the IP address I believe, otherwise the whois page will just show your ISPs details.
Wavestreaming
Webcasting Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 11:27:28 PM »

This is done by looking up locations of a listeners IP address. Our geo ip provider claims its accurate to a 25 mile radius. The pointers are plotted using longitude and latitude co-ordinates from the geo database.

However, the actual pointer won't always be accurate as sometimes the co-ordinates given are of the ISP's POP or datacentre. For example, our office IP address appears on the map as being located in Rainford, Lancashire - when we are infact based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (UK). There is around 50 miles between the 2 locations! This is simply because the location data set against our office IP, resolves to the head office of our leased line provider.

Having said that, the country will nearly always be 100% accurate and we believe that this is a great and fun way to interact visually for our customers and to see where their listeners are located.

abcdan123
Me on 1Radio.org!
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +8/-0

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 04:39:46 AM »

Quite often the ping just points to the broadband exchange box, which is fine but as far as I know there a way to ping to the actual location of the ip (well normally it's very near) or maybe it's just how some ISP's are setup, well normally it's very near. I just wondered what system was being used really.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...