>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube used with your Radio Station?  (Read 7330 times)
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

Rep: +28/-3

« on: November 18, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »

How many people on here use youtube to promote their station or use it with their station?   I know Tim from 1radio has some videos on there but do other people use clips from youtube on their website which they've used or haven't used?

You could maybe offer a playlist and then link to the youtube videos of the songs so people could watch the videos for example?

The otherthing I discovered with youtube the other day was the channels feature.  It's basically a playlist, but you can find some good ones for different genres of music.  You can create your own as well and they allow for you to 'que' up a lot of videos which will play one after another.  Anyone have any thoughts about using music from youtube on air?  If you get a request and don't have the MP3 why not use youtube?  I don't know for sure what licencing problems (or lack of?) where would be?

Do you use youtube or similar in conjunction with your radio station?
vakart
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +8/-0

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:25:40 AM »

I have been using Youtube in conjunction with http://ustream.tv and http://mogulus.com - you can stream from your webcam whilst doing a show and cue up and play Youtube vids within the stream from within a rather smart interface.

The mogulus functionality is really sophisticated letting you insert all sorts of graphic stings, overlays and transitions.

I dont have any real use for this as yet but just tried it out to see whats possible.

Tim Longhurst aka DJ vakart ~
Want to DJ on a new, legal radio station? Visit 1Radio to find out more.
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »

I have been using Youtube in conjunction with http://ustream.tv and http://mogulus.com - you can stream from your webcam whilst doing a show and cue up and play Youtube vids within the stream from within a rather smart interface.

The mogulus functionality is really sophisticated letting you insert all sorts of graphic stings, overlays and transitions.

I dont have any real use for this as yet but just tried it out to see whats possible.

From what I've seen the mogulus system looks more promising.  Last time I tried to access the website and use it it was incredably slow.  what's that like now?
vakart
Webcasting Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:14:18 AM »

the mogulus site itself is pretty fast imo.
the interface whilst very slick and gadgety, is a bit confusing and not so intuitive (and i'm someone with experience of live broadcast systems)
the only thing that really takes too long is the process of having youtube videos imported into their system - this seems to take an incredible amount of time, tho the finished results are somewhat worth the wait - but if you plan on loading your story board with videos, it could take forever.

sam
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +3/-0

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »

I think it's actually quite a good idea to try and get some sort of podcasts on youtube.  It's amazing what you can find on there, without meaning to.  So it could be really easy for people to find some highlights from your station, pop a video on (maybe record the shows too so you can make it look like a webcast) - nice feature for your site too.

What's up Doc?
vakart
Webcasting Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 12:26:41 PM »

i've started doing an occasional feature where i play a song in my show and invite people to view the video at the same time - i post the link in the shoutbox, tell them when to start watching so it syncs with the radio stream then we all dis the vid in the shoutbox afterwards Wink

as mentioned above, i also create little promo vids from time to time and include them in the station ecards etc. i have just posted another at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKVku5KwRk

Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 03:31:17 PM »

i've started doing an occasional feature where i play a song in my show and invite people to view the video at the same time - i post the link in the shoutbox, tell them when to start watching so it syncs with the radio stream then we all dis the vid in the shoutbox afterwards Wink
Is it mogulus which allows youtube videos to be added?  Could you have something like that so it's all done automatically, rather than manually by listeners?

as mentioned above, i also create little promo vids from time to time and include them in the station ecards etc. i have just posted another at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKVku5KwRk

As usual, a very nice promo video!  What did you use for the start and how hard was that?  Lot better than any of the rubbish I can make using movie maker Cheesy
mike
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +0/-0

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »

i have just posted another at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKVku5KwRk

Very swish!  Like it a lot!  So do you email that to potential listeners/DJs (or how do you use it?)
vakart
Webcasting Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »

I did it in After Effects. Animation was not too difficult - the hard part is coming up with ideas Smiley

We use it to promote the station - DJs can send it as an ecard - either encouraging someone to listen or join up as a DJ.

I used to embed Flash in HTML email but nowadays it doesnt make it past spam filters, company security restrictions etc.  Also, Outlook2007 has has a big impact on how HTML emails are created.

The best option is to have a static or animated gif, make it clear the pic is clickable and will take you to  a vid then let people arrive at a dedicated landing page. Thats not without problems, but thats a separate discussion...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:17:51 PM by vakart » Logged

gcacace

Rep: +0/-0

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 02:02:52 AM »

I did it in After Effects. Animation was not too difficult - the hard part is coming up with ideas Smiley

We use it to promote the station - DJs can send it as an ecard - either encouraging someone to listen or join up as a DJ.

I used to embed Flash in HTML email but nowadays it doesnt make it past spam filters, company security restrictions etc.  Also, Outlook2007 has has a big impact on how HTML emails are created.

The best option is to have a static or animated gif, make it clear the pic is clickable and will take you to  a vid then let people arrive at a dedicated landing page. Thats not without problems, but thats a separate discussion...

Very nice!!! Is it possible to have the AE sources?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...