>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting rid of DJs  (Read 7711 times)
sam
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +3/-0

« on: January 15, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »

Getting rid of DJs must be hard, so how do you do it?

How many times have you had to and why?

Has it had any negative effects on your station?

What's up Doc?
PRI
Webcasting Guru

Rep: +2/-0

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »

I've had to boot a few over the years. Mostly for repeated policy violations, stirring up crap, rumors. I've had one hack the stations messengers and delete the account but a few minutes online had it up and running again.
This same person enraged a few DJ that left with him but all, including him, have asked to return. Of course, I wouldn't let him return.
Basically, I request a private conversation with the DJ, tell him/her my concerns and try to resolve the issues. If they aren't willing to cooperate, I thank them for their work and say goodbye. ALWAYS change your passwords ASAP!
sam
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +3/-0

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »

I've had to boot a few over the years. Mostly for repeated policy violations, stirring up crap, rumors.

It seems weird that people were start rumours on the station unless they were just their to ruin the station.  Some people are very sad!

What's up Doc?
PRI
Webcasting Guru

Rep: +2/-0

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:35:33 PM »

They started rumors about station managers, other Djs, because they couldn't get their way.
vakart
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +8/-0

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 12:23:06 AM »

We've removed a couple.
We have very clear terms and conditions and if people repeatedly ignore them, they are warned then removed without futher comment.
So long as you can point to clear rules that the DJ agreed to before joining, there can be very little argument.

Tim Longhurst aka DJ vakart ~
Want to DJ on a new, legal radio station? Visit 1Radio to find out more.
deike

Rep: +0/-0

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »

i have had to remove a few, some easily, some difficult, sometimes they just dont want to follow rules, and sometimes they just dont want to show up, i take them where its just me and them and discuss it, then have a mutual agreement, comply or leave
nsvlover
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +1/-0

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »

As my stuff is mainly NSV based I don't really have other presenters so to speak.  Most stuff is pre-recorded (not pirate tv shows and things)  so I can check it over before adding it to the sequence.
sirpereira

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 10:58:26 PM »

And do you change password every time?
master2003uk

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 07:38:06 PM »

And do you change password every time?
Its best to change your password if you remove anyone from your staff unless you know they wont try to mess things up for you.I remove a guys once and he still tryed to connect and now and then he did ..So i always change the password its only a 2 min job anyway Smiley
Thanks Master

danperry

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 01:06:31 AM »

Our station has had to get rid of a couple of DJ's before due to violations of our broadcasting rules and regulations, at first it did bother me a few times but I've come to learn just to live with it at the end of the day you only want people who are dedicated to your station and willing to follow the rules set.

Regards,
Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...