>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listener Targets - Come on post yours :)  (Read 10717 times)
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

Rep: +28/-3

« on: February 02, 2009, 01:11:10 AM »

So, month into 2009.   Let's come up with some listener targets for our stations and some ideas of how we'll get there.

How many people on average listen to your station at the moment?

How many people do you want to be listening to your station?

When do you want to meet this target?

Any ideas where you can find new listeners (or you want to use the creative minds of Talk Webcasting Cheesy)

Who's to start?
MixStream.net
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +0/-0

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:12:27 AM »

I run a small station, we normally peak at about 200 listeners - 250 listeners is a good day (I'm not sure how many listeners that is over the whole day)

Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:13:43 AM »

I run a small station, we normally peak at about 200 listeners - 250 listeners is a good day (I'm not sure how many listeners that is over the whole day)

Do you want to grow that?  What sort of figure you like to achieve and when - then we can come back on that date and see how you do Smiley
DJboutit
Jr. Webcaster

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:08:36 AM »

I get 2 to 3 listeners mostly a good day I get 5 I would be happy with 12 to 13
15 is max I can run of my ISP @ 56kbps
I have been running my station 24/7 since 2004 & I still can not get many listeners I have promoted all over the place just recently I got a good looking website setup I use to have a really crappy one

deike

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »

i get 5 to 18 at a time, havent looked at the daily total lately, would like yo get 250 a day
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 09:23:05 PM »

i get 5 to 18 at a time, havent looked at the daily total lately, would like yo get 250 a day

That'd be a BIG jump.  Why not aim for something more realistic like 50, and then 100, and so on?  Any ideas of how you can gain more listeners?
nsvlover
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +1/-0

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 05:33:10 PM »

When streaming, usually average around 5-8 viewers.  I'd like to get that up to around 15-20 (use up the whole server).

I estimate at the moment, most viewers just come about through winamp.  People do seem to book mark the website and tune in for some shows.

I think I can get viewers up by trying to promote the website as the way most people find the streams.  Maybe add some on demand content so people can get a taste for stuff before tuning in, and having a way to watch via your browser for people without winamp.

So, get posting on forums that have people who'd like my stuff and try and get some good link exchanges going.  I'll post back in a few months - we'll see Smiley
webjock1

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »

When streaming, usually average around 5-8 viewers.  I'd like to get that up to around 15-20 (use up the whole server).

I estimate at the moment, most viewers just come about through winamp.  People do seem to book mark the website and tune in for some shows.

I think I can get viewers up by trying to promote the website as the way most people find the streams.  Maybe add some on demand content so people can get a taste for stuff before tuning in, and having a way to watch via your browser for people without winamp.

So, get posting on forums that have people who'd like my stuff and try and get some good link exchanges going.  I'll post back in a few months - we'll see Smiley
Your website and stream work in tandem and for each other. One of the things I find helpful is search engine optimization. Also, keep material relevant to your site. ie; If you are a 24/7 blues station make sure the search bots can key into keywords like bb.king, john lee hooker, etc. Blog, link, anything and everything you can throw into it. Gets you that much closer to your target.
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »

Your website and stream work in tandem and for each other. One of the things I find helpful is search engine optimization. Also, keep material relevant to your site. ie; If you are a 24/7 blues station make sure the search bots can key into keywords like bb.king, john lee hooker, etc. Blog, link, anything and everything you can throw into it. Gets you that much closer to your target.

Don't just post random key words on a page.  Use them as part of decent content on the site...for instance, maybe write some UNIQUE pages on some blues artists and things (NOT taken from WIKIpedia directly!).  If you've got an interest in the subject it is soo much easier.

I work for a company on a part time bases between UNI, mainly doing content writing, I've had to write about guitars, broadband...all the way through to male thrush cream Tongue.  It's definitely easier if you're interested in the subject matter and if you run an internet radio station, chances are you like the music you play, so writing content should be pretty easy.
webjock1

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 11:54:19 PM »

Don't just post random key words on a page.  Use them as part of decent content on the site...for instance, maybe write some UNIQUE pages on some blues artists and things (NOT taken from WIKIpedia directly!).  If you've got an interest in the subject it is soo much easier.

I work for a company on a part time bases between UNI, mainly doing content writing, I've had to write about guitars, broadband...all the way through to male thrush cream Tongue.  It's definitely easier if you're interested in the subject matter and if you run an internet radio station, chances are you like the music you play, so writing content should be pretty easy.
Well said! Content, content, content.
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »

Well said! Content, content, content.

Basically, make the site for real people, not search engines.  Optimise it for search engines (use header tags, good html & CSS, etc) and with an optimised website that real people want to visit you should hopefully increase in google.

Along with this get good inbound links (and try not to link out to the same websites)

We've gone a little off topic, but never mind Tongue
master2003uk

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 08:05:12 PM »

we are like 3 months old and we get like 25 to 30 tune in on a good day. Never any less then 5 our peek times are like 11am to 1pm then drops and jumps back up round 6pm till 2am (uk time) i am hopeing we can hit the 50 mark before the end of august Smiley
Thanks Master

danperry

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 01:02:17 AM »

Well I know that this is a bit old but I thought I'd post my station's targets. Since we re-opened on Friday (25th September) we're averaging between 12 - 20 listeners during our prime time so over the next 3 - 6 months I'm hoping to push them to about 50 listeners on average.

Sounding realistic do you guys think?

Regards,
Dan
RadioOZ

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »

wow, old topic but i thought id post lol.

RadioOZ  really hasnt gotten too many listeners at the moment, we have been on and off the air just due to time restraints and finding the time to actually do stuff on the station.

I have found that SecondLife is a good tool for reaching out to an audience and although its a bit different than a generic internet station or whatever, its a good way to get interactive with people.

We mainly do dance and top 40 pop music. from yesterday and today, so its a good mix i feel.

let me know on ur thoughts and what u think.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...