>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: change shoutcast password remotely  (Read 4715 times)
vakart
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +8/-0

« on: February 11, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »

Is it possible to change the shoutcast password remotely - in the same way you can change the now playing info?
eg. sending a correctly formed post request to /admin.cgi on the shoutcast server?

Tim Longhurst aka DJ vakart ~
Want to DJ on a new, legal radio station? Visit 1Radio to find out more.
ShoutcastStreaming
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +1/-1

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »

No, I don't think there is any way you can do that remotely.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:28:49 PM by ShoutcastStreaming » Logged

Reliable Stream Hosting For Net Radio
- Radio Toolbox Certified
- Stream Ads Approved
- A Spacial Audio Affiliate

http://www.shoutcaststreaming.us
MediaONAIR
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +0/-6

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:58:18 AM »

For remotely, Either use a laptop or cellphone.

Few companies and even mine for instance support MCS ("Messenger Control Service") whereas this allows you to add a specific MSN e-mail/passport to MSN and than you can send commands too this to Start, Stop, Change Passwords, Schedule a Playlist or even Start AutoDJ.

If your phone supports MSN you can login and do the same concept.
If your phone supports Yahoo! and if it's up to date, You can add MSN contacts via Yahoo! Messenger, if you don't have MSN on your phone.

Cast-Control (Control Panel I use) also supports SMS Texting to do the same concept, but I don't offer this as it's a paid service requirement, but may offer this sometime in the future. I cannot say for any other Shoutcast companies.

So, to answer your question, yes you update this information remotely.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...