>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Poll
Question: Which station is your favorite  (Voting closed: April 30, 2006, 03:03:14 PM)
WDOS-FM - 6 (37.5%)
Net Radio 100 - 2 (12.5%)
Stoned Penguin - 4 (25%)
Eye 97 - 4 (25%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Station Awards - April '06  (Read 20790 times)
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

Rep: +28/-3

« on: April 11, 2006, 12:14:10 AM »

The Winner is: WDOS-FM

Congratulations...I'll get banners made up for it later and start May's Station Awards through this month.

These are the nominations for the Station Awards, April '06.  This is our first time of running the Station Awards, so let's hope it's a success! Smiley

Please visit each station and listen to them before placing your vote!  If you can't vote click here to find out how to.  The nominated stations are in no particular order:

WDOS-FM // Stream Location:

Description: The best real Oldies.

I came across this WDOS-FM from a link on another site.  I clicked to listen and was instantly greated by Cars by the Tubeway Army which I enjoyed so much, I bought it online!  It's always a good sign when a station plays a song which you'd forgotten all about and you go and buy.  It went on to play another song, forgotten it's name, which I remember from a quiz show which I always watched when I was with my Nana and Aunt.  I carried on listening throughout the evening enjoying nearly all the songs, the occasional one I wasn't as keen on, but overal I enjoyed them all while tapping along and occasionally signing.

The only main problem I encountered with the stream was the cross fader didn't seem to work very well, occasionally not at all and the levels of the stream sometimes got randomly adjusted half way through the track.

Other than the few seconds at the end and begining of the tracks I enjoyed my listen very much!

Net Radio 100 // Stream Location:

Description: Rock, Jazz, Indie, Folk, World, Americana, Latin &  Comedy

I was greeted with Going To California by Led Zeppelin which moved on to The Beatles.  A clear sounded stream at 112k/bit.

Looking through the playlist it seems like they have a few different types of shows, playing different genres of music to please all listeners.

Stoned Penguin // Stream Location:

Description: A station which helps promote the free music scene.

As this station is promoting the free music scene it's likely that you'll hear some great tunes which you've never heard before and will struggle to find in many other places.  Though "techno dance" music isn't my favorite to listen to in long streches there is admittidly some very good tracks.

Eye 97 // Stream Location:

Description: The finest hit songs of the 70s, 80s, 90s, and Today.

Music from the past 36 years, or is that 30 years and just today?  A 24/7 station with servers all over the globe which can support people on different connection speeds.  They have a very well designed and useful website which gives information about the station and it's streams.

This is the first, obviously, licensed station so they are streaming legally which is another advantage.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 02:10:13 PM by Thomas » Logged
schneider

Rep: +0/-0

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:22:37 AM »

Hello,
the stream URL for Stoned Penguin has changed. It's now http://stonedpenguin.net/electronic.pls

Greetings,
Tobias
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:34:44 AM »

okay, i have edited it - thanks Smiley
thereal

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:13:41 AM »

only 14 votes at the moment?!  Shocked

whats up with the rest of the forum users?
Roll Eyes are they all lazy?  Tongue

Grin
Mazza101
Jr. Webcaster

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:53:23 PM »

Roll Eyes are they all lazy?  Tongue

Yes!

When the 9-1-1 system was originally introduced, it was advertised as the "nine-eleven" service. This was changed when some panicked individuals tried to find the "eleven" key on their telephones
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 11:37:21 PM »

Seems second place is tied!  How many days left in this month...get your votes in before then! (or else)
Midwest

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 03:49:58 PM »

lol
Nice
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 06:30:12 PM »

I still need to do this for this month (or next).  I've just been busy doing other things, than trying to find 4 stations; if people want to nominate themselves just stick their station in the shoutcast radio stations forum at the bttom and I'll do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...