>
Advertise on Talk Webcasting .com. Packages from only $5 a month!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some help needed  (Read 5470 times)
Hot Rocks Radio

Rep: +0/-1

« on: March 28, 2007, 11:33:17 PM »

Currently, we are renting our Shoutcast encoders from a host, and paying for the amount of encoders we rent.

We are ready to make the leap to installing the Shoutcast software on our domain. I am lost in the entire setup process and I need help from uploading the files to the server to getting them all set up ... well ... the entire process.

If someone would like to help us out ... and won't destroy us with fees, we're willing to pay to help us to get started. We will also need help learning how to access the controls and make necessary changes to ports, etc.

Any help offered??

Have a really weird day!!!
California101

Rep: +0/-0

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »

Hi Hot Rock Radio,

Are you talking about setting up SHOUTcast servers on Linux machines by any chance?
If so, feel free to drop me a line. If it is on windows...(duh)...you can do the same. I shouldn't charge a lot.    Wink

François

wrokradiodj
Webcasting Lover

Rep: +1/-1

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:47:29 AM »

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35635

Hot Rocks Radio

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:12:58 PM »

Hi, California 101

Yes, this is exactly what I need help with -- setting up Shoutcast on a Linux server. I apologize for the delay. I spent some time in California, and a week getting over it *snicker*.  This is something we want to move on as quickly as possible. I appreciate your offer for help and I am emailing you privately with the details. Thank you for your offer.

Hot Rocks Radio

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 04:39:56 PM »

I have not heard from California 101, who generously offered to help us to get this set up. Is anyone interested? Please reply soonest.

ShoutcastStreaming
Jr. Webcaster

Rep: +1/-1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »

I assume that you are leasing a Linux server.

It's pretty easy, just set up users, one for each stream, upload the DNA's and configure them.

What do you need help with, working with LInux or setting up the users, or setting up the DNA's ?

Reliable Stream Hosting For Net Radio
- Radio Toolbox Certified
- Stream Ads Approved
- A Spacial Audio Affiliate

http://www.shoutcaststreaming.us
Thomas
Administrator
Webcasting Master

Rep: +28/-3

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:02:42 PM »

I believe this presentation has some information on setting up shoutcast on a linux server/vps.

http://www.talkshoutcast.com/index.php/topic,16.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

>
Your banner advert here for only $20/month...
1radio streaming pulse stream finder
Talk Webcasting is copyright © Thomas Etherington 2005 - 2008
Talk Webcasting is part of the Netza Internet Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines
Why not visit one of our friend's websites? Choose one of the sites below:

Premium Content: SHOUTcast hosting | Double your Website Traffic | Advertise Here - $7.50

Other Related Websites:
Shoutcast Streaming | Custom Player | Webradio Statistics | Want to DJ on a new station? Register now and be on air in the next hour. Free slots for TW users. | Vox Junction Voice Overs | Stream Finder | E-mail us to swap links!

Talk Webcasting .com is a popular webcasters forum where members can discuss all sorts of webcasting, such as Podcasting, SHOUTcast, Web Radio, Web Video, on demand and live content...Our members include DJs, Station Owners, Stream Hosts, Voice Over Artists, newbies...